If you haven’t chimed in yet, this week is your chance! Every Thursday at 3:15 Vanessa Chang and I will be chatting about food, local food and national trends. We hope to be a resource on local food and to start conversations that will inspire delicious meals. I’ve already learned a lot from other folks online over the last few weeks of tweeting. To participate or observe our food feed conversation just follow #foodfeed on twitter. If you do participate please add the hashtag #foodfeed to your tweets! Here is a snapshot of our conversation from last week on eating locally and seasonally in Salt Lake:
Seasonal Eating and Dining in Salt Lake:
Some additional thoughts on seasonal dining and dishes in or near SLC:
- Local menus that feature seasonal or local fare: Fresco, Caputo’s Market and Deli, Pago, Tin Angel, Forage, Copper Onion, Les Madeleines, Zy Restaurant, Sage’s Cafe, Finca, Talisker on Main, The Farm, Pizzeria 712, Communal, Log Haven, Vertical Diner, Cafe Super Natural, and Cafe Niche.
- Some unexpected restaurants who feature local or seasonal foods: Chow Truck, Lewis Brothers Truck, Hong Kong Tea House, and Epic Brewery
- Best local products included on menus in and around Salt Lake: Snowy Mountain Creamery Cheese and Lamb, Creminelli Salami, Beehive Cheese, Sandhill Garlic, Amour Spreads, Tifie Ranch Eggs, Slide Ridge Honey Wine Vinegar, and La Nay Ferme Greens.
To Participate in our Food Feed on Twitter:
- sign into twitter
- create a search using the hashtag #foodfeed
- joining the conversation by tweeting with the #foodfeed hashtag in your tweet
- and just a note… please kindly ignore any inappropriate tweets on the foodfeed hashtag. Last week it was a trending topic so there was some spam included.
We look forward to hearing more of your perspectives on local food soon!